AQUEOUS OZONE EWATER and the LOTUS PRO
THE BENEFITS OF AQUEOUS OZONE EWATER from the lotus pro by Tersano.
How it works — additional questions answered below:
WHAT IS STABILIZED AQUEOUS OZONE?
Aqueous ozone ewater produced by the lotus PRO is the result of ozone, created from the air, being infused into water. The extra oxygen atom, becoming O3, is what makes it a powerful oxidizer. The unit creates stabilized ozone ewater which simply means its effective life has been extended. The water-based form makes it easy to use in spray bottles, mop buckets, auto scrubbers and more.
WHAT CAN I USE IT FOR?
This ewater is a versatile cleaner that does the work of general purpose cleaners. The extra oxygen molecule in the lotus PRO aqueous ozone activates the water to dislodge and lift dirt and debris. Glass and all-purpose cleaners, light degreasers, plus floor, carpet and upholstery cleaners are all replaced by it. The powerful oxidizing ability of ozone makes it a deodorizer and even provides an extra measure of sanitizing as it cleans.
IS IT REALLY SAFE?
Aqueous ozone ewater is as safe as water! Scoring all zeros on the hazard scale it requires no PPE (personal protective equipment). Review the SDS here.
ARE THERE APPROVALS?
EPA: The unit is classified as an on-site generator and a pesticidal device (therefore, a machine installed in a customer location to create solutions). Such devices are required to display the EPA-assigned establishment number for the manufacturer, which for this device is, EPA Est. No. 089093-CAN-001.
GREEN SEAL: The ozone ewater meets Green Seal™ Standards GS-37 as a safe and effective cleaner, and GS-53 as a safe and effective sanitizing agent based on performance, concentration of product, minimized packaging, and protective limits on VOCs and human & environmental toxicity.
CSA – ASSE: Passed the ASSE 1055-2009 Standard for plumbing and chemical dispensers, which includes backflow testing.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1. Inside the unit, oxygen from the air is safely turned into ozone then infused instantly into ordinary tap water as it flows through the unit. No waiting – the water is made on-demand, immediately.
2. Applied to a surface, the ozone is attracted to organic matter — dirt, grease, germs, stains and bacteria.
3. Harmless to people, the ozone quickly attacks and eliminates contaminants and renders them ready to be wiped away.
4. Only pure oxygen and water remain after the ozone cleans and sanitizes, creating no harm to your property or our planet.
DOES IT QUALIFY FOR GREEN BUILDING LEED POINTS?
YES! Aqueous ozone ewater from the lotus PRO qualifies for one LEED point. Cleaning products generated on-site from tap water that replace at least 75% of conventional chemicals will qualify for an additional LEED point.
WHAT DOES OZONE KILL?
Ozone in water has been used for 100 years to disinfect drinking water, wash fresh produce, keep swimming pool water safe, and much more. It is one of the most powerful oxidizers, which means it attacks and “consumes” bacteria, viruses, odors, mold, fungi —- anything that comes into contact with it. Aqueous ozone ewater has been approved for food-contact surface sanitizing by the FDA Food Code, demonstrating its effectiveness and safety. The concentration of ozone follows approved levels for performance.
WHAT CAN’T IT DO?
1. While the aqueous ozone lotus PRO ewater from the unit functions as a sanitizer, it does not replace EPA-registered sanitizers or disinfectants, which may be required in certain settings for health code compliance.
2. One of the great benefits of ozone is that it reverts to the normal state quickly, leaving nothing behind, but that means it cannot be stored for long terms. The aqueous ozone ewater produced by the unit is effective for two to six days depending on production settings.