chemical-free campus cleaning with SAO ewater
THE EWATER® SYSTEM UTILIZES STABILIZED AQUEOUS OZONE TECHNOLOGY FROM TERSANO® TO PROVIDE CLEANING WITHOUT CHEMICALS FOR HEALTHIER CAMPUS BUILDINGS AND A HEALTHIER PLANET. HERE’S HOW IT WORKS…
SUSTAINABILITY MATTERS… GET TO KNOW SAO EWATER.
Whether a dorm, classroom, athletic building or dining hall, cleaning typically involves a variety of chemical products. Carpets, floors, windows or counters — locker rooms, bathrooms or dining halls — the average cleaning cart carries multiple spray bottles for individual purposes. Now, eWater simplifies the process. The eWater® System provides cleaning without chemicals using safe, natural and effective stabilized aqueous ozone ewater to replace most cleaning chemicals. Better for your workers, better for your facility, better for your bottom line – that’s chemical-free campus cleaning value.
The patented technology of the SAO systems transforms ordinary tap water into the world’s most effective chemical-free commercial cleaner. It eliminates germs, odors, stains, mold, mildew and other contaminants on any item or surface before changing safely back into water and oxygen.
TESTIMONIAL: UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN. AN SAO USER FOR YEARS IN 27 DORMS AND MORE…
|University of Wisconsin-Madison adopted SAO technology in 2012. It is now used as the primary cleaning product in 28 campus buildings – 26 residence halls, 1 dining hall and an admin building. The school received the 2013 Silver Green Cleaning Award for Higher Education, in large part for its move away from conventional cleaning chemicals.
||“If you’d have told me ten years ago that we’d stop using cleaning chemicals and be using “water” to clean – I’d have laughed at you. It makes no sense to people that this kind of chemical-free water could be an effective cleaner. All I can tell you is – it works, we love it – and we’re not going back to chemicals.”
— Jodi Krause, Assistant Director Housekeeping, University of Wisconsin-Madison
SAO ewater is a powerful oxidizer that:
- effectively cleans & deodorizes – Green Seal GS-37 certified
- provides sanitizing for germ removal during general cleaning – Green Seal GS-53 certified as a safe sanitizer
- requires no PPE – minimal safety training
- eliminates risk of mixing with other chemicals
- eliminates risk of handling concentrates
- no fumes – non-caustic – non-toxic
- shown to reduce slips & falls
- converts safely back into oxygen (O2) after use
- is 100% chemical free – no toxins, carcinogens or chemical residue
- can be used on hard and soft surfaces from floors to toilet bowls to carpet & upholstery
- qualifies for LEED points when replacing chemicals
Stephen Ashkin, regarded as the “father of green cleaning”, says this about engineered water:
“Using engineered-water cleaning systems means no cleaning chemicals need to be packaged in containers or boxes, saving packaging costs and resources. No cleaning chemicals reduces transport needs and their environmental impact. Chemicals left on surfaces can often cause rapid resoiling of floors, carpets, and other surfaces. This is eliminated with engineered-water cleaning systems.” Read his comments here.
WHERE AND HOW TO USE IT.
Easy to install, maintain and work with, endorsed by customers for its safety, effectiveness and cost-savings, it will deliver the same impact on your housekeeping and custodial efforts, be they large or small. For people, planet and profit!
Here’s a great testimonial about the value of SAO ewater from the perspective of a university custodian.
The lotus PRO INSTALLS IN LESS THAN AN HOUR for chemical-free campus cleaning.
READY FOR USE IMMEDIATELY!
Quickly installs in a custodial closet or storage room — all you need is:
IT SOUNDS GREAT, BUT HOW MUCH DOES THE EWATER® SYSTEM COST?
Your bottom line is an important part of the value of The eWater® System. Whether for housekeeping, athletics or general custodial (or anything similar) you likely spend more money on your current cleaning products than The eWater® System would cost. It is matched to your needs and priced as a monthly program so that it can be easily adopted, replacing your current chemical purchases. Contact us to talk about your facility needs.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE OTHER COST SAVINGS?
- Eliminates need to purchase, transport, distribute, store, mix and restock chemical products
- Significantly improves productivity – more will get done in less time
- Lack of residue means surfaces stay cleaner longer further improving productivity
- Lack of residue means surface finishes are not degraded
- Saves versus conventional cleaners (gallon to gallon)
- Reduction in sick days due to chemical exposure
- Lowers maintenance costs related to cleaning equipment maintenance
WHAT IS STABILIZED AQUEOUS OZONE (OZONE EWATER)?
Ozone ewater is the result of ozone, created from the air, being infused into water. The extra oxygen molecule, O3, is what makes it a powerful oxidizer. The unit creates stabilized ozone ewater which simply means its effective life has been extended. The water-based form makes it easy to use in spray bottles, mop buckets, auto scrubbers and more.
WHAT CAN I USE IT FOR?
SAO ewater is a versatile cleaner that does the work of general purpose cleaners. The presence of extra oxygen activates the water to dislodge and lift dirt and debris. Glass and all-purpose cleaners, light degreasers, plus floor, carpet and upholstery cleaners are all replaced by it. The powerful oxidizing ability of ozone makes it a deodorizer and even provides an extra measure of sanitizing as it cleans.
IS IT REALLY SAFE?
SAO ewater is as safe as water! Scoring all zeros on the hazard scale it requires no PPE (personal protective equipment). Review the SDS here.
ARE THERE APPROVALS?
EPA: The unit is classified as an on-site generator and a pesticidal device (therefore, a machine installed in a customer location to create solutions). Such devices are required to display the EPA-assigned establishment number for the manufacturer, which for this device is, EPA Est. No. 089093-CAN-001.
GREEN SEAL: The lotus® PRO produces a solution that has achieved Green Seal™ Standards GS-37 as a safe and effective cleaner, and GS-53 as a safe and effective sanitizer based on performance, concentration of product, minimized packaging, and protective limits on VOCs and human & environmental toxicity. (GreenSeal.org)
CSA – ASSE: Passed the ASSE 1055-2009 Standard for plumbing and chemical dispensers, which includes backflow testing.
HOW DOES SAO EWATER WORK?
1. Inside the unit, oxygen from the air is safely turned into ozone then infused instantly into ordinary tap water as it flows through the unit. No waiting – the water is made on-demand, immediately.
2. Applied to a surface, the ozone is attracted to organic matter — dirt, grease, germs, stains and bacteria.
3. Harmless to people, the ozone quickly attacks and eliminates contaminants and renders them ready to be wiped away.
4. Only pure oxygen and water remain after the ozone cleans and sanitizes, creating no harm to your property or our planet.
DOES IT QUALIFY FOR GREEN BUILDING LEED POINTS?
YES! The unit qualifies for one LEED point. Cleaning products generated on-site from tap water that replace at least 75% of conventional chemicals will qualify for an additional LEED point.
WHAT DOES OZONE KILL?
Ozone in water has been used for 100 years to disinfect drinking water, wash fresh produce, keep swimming pool water safe, and much more. It is one of the most powerful oxidizers, which means it attacks and “consumes” bacteria, viruses, odors, mold, fungi —- anything that comes into contact with it. Aqueous ozone has been approved for food-contact surface sanitizing by the FDA Food Code, demonstrating its effectiveness and safety. The concentration of ozone ewater follows approved levels for performance.
WHAT CAN’T IT DO?
1. While SAO ewater from the unit functions as a sanitizer, it does not replace EPA-registered sanitizers or disinfectants, which may be required in certain settings for health code compliance.
2. One of the great benefits of ozone is that it reverts to the normal state quickly, leaving nothing behind, but that means it cannot be stored for long terms. The ozone ewater produced by the unit is effective for two to six days depending on production settings.
“We’re getting the same cleaning benefit, and better cleaning benefits in some situations, [with SAO] without the smell of chemicals and without the residue of chemicals. So we think we’re doing a really good thing from an economical point of view and from an environmental point of view.”
— Director of Housing & Residence Life, Ball State University
“When I first heard about SAO ewater, I was skeptical because “green” products are usually less effective and cost more. After using The eWater® System, I found that the ewater is as good or better than chemical cleaners — and it’s more cost-effective. In my 20 years of experience, I have never seen such a product work so well.”
— Head Custodian, Wake County Public School Systems, NC
“Since switching to [SAO] we’ve eliminated 98% of the chemicals we used to use. We use the aqueous ozone everywhere – cleaning carpets, cleaning bathrooms, classrooms… and more.”
— Custodial & Facilities Supervisor, Husson University, ME
|“We found great results when we just used SAO ewater to scrub our restroom floors. We immediately pulled out thick dirt from all the grout – it left us better results than any chemical degreaser or cleaning product that we’d used in the past two years. We’re now cleaning the bathrooms, locker rooms and carpets… We are saving time and dollars using the SAO product.”
— General Manager, Aramark Facility Services, Petco Park, San Diego
|“80-85% of our current chemical budget will be eliminated with the introduction of the lotus system.”
— Business Administrator, School District 54, Skowhegan, ME
|“I like it [SAO] because it doesn’t clog up the filters [in auto scrubbers] and when the machines break down, 90% of the time it’s the filters”.
— Lead Custodian, Husson University, ME
The eWater® System means chemical-free campus cleaning.
CONTACT US TO LEARN MORE