The eWater system for foodservice
The eWater® System for Foodservice brings savings and efficiency to kitchen maintenance and food safety programs. We provide technology to automatically produce your own cleaner-deodorizer, eliminating most of the cleaning products you currently use. Walls, windows, floors, counters, CIP equipment can all be cleaned with the stabilized aqueous ozone ewater. The same product is approved as an antimicrobial wash for fruits & vegetables, and other raw agricultural commodities, and is outstanding as a wash for whole fish. Better for your food, better for your employees, better for your business.
Stabilized aqueous ozone ewater is a powerful oxidizer that:
- effectively cleans & deodorizes – Green Seal GS-37 certified
- provides sanitizing for germ removal during general cleaning – Green Seal GS-53 certified as a safe sanitizer
- requires no PPE – minimal safety training
- eliminates risk of mixing with other chemicals
- eliminates risk of handling concentrates
- no fumes – non-caustic – non-toxic
- shown to reduce slips & falls
- converts safely back into oxygen (O2) after use
- is 100% chemical free – no toxins, carcinogens or chemical residue
- can be used on hard and soft surfaces from counters to sinks to carpet & upholstery
- qualifies for LEED® points when replacing chemicals
Stephen Ashkin, regarded as the “father of green cleaning”, says this about engineered water:
“Using engineered-water cleaning systems means no cleaning chemicals need to be packaged in containers or boxes, saving packaging costs and resources. No cleaning chemicals reduces transport needs and their environmental impact. Chemicals left on surfaces can often cause rapid resoiling of floors, carpets, and other surfaces. This is eliminated with engineered-water cleaning systems.” Read his comments here.
Take a look inside and see how the technology works to turn your tap water into a safe and effective cleaner without chemicals.
INSTALLS IN LESS THAN AN HOUR!
|READY FOR USE IMMEDIATELY!
Quickly installs in a custodial closet or storage room — all you need is:
NEXT: THE SAO EWATER CHEMICAL-FREE CLEANING FAQ
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE OTHER ADVANTAGES OF USING THE SYSTEM?
- Eliminates need to purchase, transport, distribute, store, mix and restock chemical products
- Lack of residue means surfaces stay cleaner longer further improving productivity
- Lack of residue means surface finishes are not degraded
- Saves versus conventional cleaners (gallon to gallon)
- Reduction in sick days due to chemical exposure
- Lowers maintenance costs related to cleaning equipment maintenance
WHAT IS STABILIZED AQUEOUS OZONE (EWATER)?
Stabilized aqueous ozone ewater is the result of ozone, created from the air, being infused into water. The extra oxygen molecule, O3, is what makes it a powerful oxidizer. The unit creates a stabilized product which simply means its effective life has been extended. The water-based form makes it easy to use in spray bottles, mop buckets, auto scrubbers and more.
SAO ewater is as safe as water! Scoring all zeros on the hazard scale it requires no PPE (personal protective equipment). Review the SDS here.
ARE THERE APPROVALS?
EPA: The unit is classified as an on-site generator and a pesticidal device (therefore, a machine installed in a customer location to create solutions). Such devices are required to display the EPA-assigned establishment number for the manufacturer, which for this device is, EPA Est. No. 089093-CAN-001.
GREEN SEAL: The ozone ewater meets Green Seal™ Standards GS-37 as a safe and effective cleaner, and GS-53 as a safe and effective sanitizing agent based on performance, concentration of product, minimized packaging, and protective limits on VOCs and human & environmental toxicity.
CSA – ASSE: Passed the ASSE 1055-2009 Standard for plumbing and chemical dispensers, which includes backflow testing.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1. Inside the unit, oxygen from the air is safely turned into ozone then infused instantly into ordinary tap water as it flows through the unit. No waiting – the water is made on-demand, immediately.
2. Applied to a surface, the ozone is attracted to organic matter — dirt, grease, germs, stains and bacteria.
3. Harmless to people, the ozone quickly attacks and eliminates contaminants and renders them ready to be wiped away.
4. Only pure oxygen and water remain after the ozone cleans and sanitizes, creating no harm to your property or our planet.
DOES IT QUALIFY FOR GREEN BUILDING LEED POINTS?
YES! The unit qualifies for one LEED point. Cleaning products generated on-site from tap water that replace at least 75% of conventional chemicals will qualify for an additional LEED point.
WHAT DOES OZONE KILL?
Ozone in water has been used for 100 years to disinfect drinking water, wash fresh produce, keep swimming pool water safe, and much more. It is one of the most powerful oxidizers, which means it attacks and “consumes” bacteria, viruses, odors, mold, fungi —- anything that comes into contact with it. Aqueous ozone has been approved for food-contact surface sanitizing by the FDA Food Code, demonstrating its effectiveness and safety. The concentration of ozone ewater follows approved levels for performance.
WHAT CAN’T IT DO?
1. While SAO ewater from the unit functions as a sanitizer, it does not replace EPA-registered sanitizers or disinfectants, which may be required in certain settings for health code compliance. We recommend you retain your current approved sanitizers for the sake of health inspections.
2. One of the great benefits of ozone is that it reverts to the normal state quickly, leaving nothing behind, but that means it cannot be stored for long terms. The ozone ewater produced by the unit is effective for two to six days depending on production settings. Best practices are to make only as much as is needed for a shift or workday — keep the solution fresh for maximum ability.